Introduce these tips into your day and you will look feel better instantly.
- Cut out refined sugars – these can play havoc with your blood sugar levels and cause further sweet tooth cravings later on in the day.
- Prepare your meals – by planning what and when you eat you can avoid hunger cravings from setting in forcing you to look for that quick fix.
- Stay Hydrated – water can kerb hunger cravings, aim for 2-3 litres of water a day.
- Don’t starve yourself – yes you should eat less than you normally would. Rapid fat loss very often is not sustainable. Reduce your food portions by small amounts every other week, and you will find the process much easier. Try Rude Health for alternative sweet treats.
- Be Mindful – If you are stressed, it is tough to burn fat. Cortisol (stress hormone) prevents fat loss from occurring. By practising mindfulness, you can reduce stress levels and improve fat loss. In fact, why not try eating your meals mindfully. Mindful eating can be extremely effective at reducing overall food intake, especially useful when dealing with sugar cravings! Wellness London’s Dr Cinzia Pezzolesi is an expert in mindful eating and advocates it wholeheartedly.
- Measure your progress in a range of ways. The scales will only tell part of the story. Consider how your clothes fit. You may have dropped significant body fat and gained some muscle mass, as such the scales may not be as kind as your new skinny jeans size!
- Keep Going – Fat loss is not a quick and easy process, it takes time and lots of determination. Don’t be disheartened when you think you haven’t lost weight this week, trust the process, speak to your trainer and look how far you have come!